Mountain Trainin Picture

Mountain Trainin Picture

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Shoe repair, who needs shoe goo...?

 Tuesday 13th March 2012

Well it is with much sadness that my first pair of rock boots finally died on me yesterday whilst climbing 
Caesar's Nose. The toe on the right shoe has finally came right through and produced a hole. Although having bought them for a mere £45 2 years ago when I first started climbing it is fair to say that they have done me very proud. However, being a student and almost all of the time having next to no spare cash I simply cannot fork out £60 - £70 for a new pair. So here it is, I have decided  to repair them myself. 
I set about this challenge with the following ingredients; rock shoes, Stanley knife and a gas cooker hob. Not the most exciting job in the world I might add but never the less I gave it a go. Slicing some of the hard rubber from my rock boots and hot knifing the rubber on to the hole of my right toe did take a while and may not look very impressive but it does save me money for a little while...


 
Before the carving and burning...

 
After the slicing and melting...

I have a day of climbing coming up this weekend so here's hoping that the rubber lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment