Mountain Trainin Picture

Mountain Trainin Picture

Saturday 2 February 2013

Dagger Mamba 7.6 review

Now that I have had the Mamba for over three weeks now I think that its about time that I wrote a review on it...

Well where do I start? The new beefed up 2012 mamba has an increased volume throughout the length of the boat with added volume distribution the mamba now sits better on top of the water. Longer rails along the side towards the hull make this creeker fun to play on and easier to carve on even the biggest of waves. With the rails in mind this makes the mamba a much faster boat.

The Dagger Mamba 7.6...

I have now paddled this boat from grade 2 through to grade 4 on some of the South Wests more notable rivers such as the Dart, Tavy and the Walkham and find that due to the increased volume the mamba surfaces extremely well after drops and slots. It surfs much better than any other creek boat I have ever used and carves extremely well in and out of eddies with help from the longer rails. However I do find it harder than the nomad to roll due to sitting higher up in the mamba above the water, although still easy to roll. I have went for the adjustable seat outfitting as during the summer months the seat can always be moved back to change weight distribution during a day on the surf. At first I was quite hesitant to buy the small 7.6 size for fear of not fitting all my gear in. However I still manage to fit in my boat 2x throw lines  map, compass, 2x torches, tape, first aid kit, glow sticks, food, water, pin kit and in front of the foot plates a group shelter and spare personal thermals and still manage to fit in a set of split paddles down either side of the seat.

MAMBA...

All in all a very good all round boat which surfs as well as Kelly Slater, carves like a manic chef, surfaces just as well as a cat in water and is as quick on the water as Usain Bolt is on land. I look forward to taking this boat to different locations and further testing it out.

Catch you on the river...

No comments:

Post a Comment